Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Tropical Storm

This week has been quit a storm. it all started with HUGE waves on monday! all the local ticos were out surfing on them and it was so entertaining. some of my friends and i sat and watched for a couple hours. then on tuesday it was beautiful and sunny in the morning and so HOT, my friends and i layed out on the beach, and at about 12 45pm it began to POUR AND POUR!!! there was thunder and lightning that was literally right on top of us! it was CRAZY! it didnt stop raining until about 7 30pm, oh and the power was out all day. my friends and i had to ride our bikes home in the rain, and not all of the road is paved so we rode in the mud. it was memorable. ha! and i had a candle light dinner with my tica mom and my sister. it never usually rains that long here. it usually rains for maybe an hour and then its done. yesterday, wednesday, it rained in the morning and was overcast in the afternoon. oh and the tide has been really high almost up to the school! and now this morning it is raining again! my first couple weeks i was here it didnt rain that much. this is sure one tropical storm! and its warm rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment