Sunday, June 28, 2009

SURPRISE!!!!

sooooo this weekend has been a blast so far and it only got better! yesterday, saturday, i went on a boat with 5 of my girls friends to the island that is right outside the beach. it was an adventure for sure. it was a small fishing boat, and the waves were crasheing into us and flooding the boat. we had to pale out lots and lots of water. haha! our driver's name was Pablo. he is a local here and one of my friends knew him so he was happy to take us out on his boat. so we finally made it to the island and when we were close he told us to jump out. the island was beautiful. it has rocks up from the water and then white, soft sand. it was amazing! we hung out there, went swimming, had some drinks and snacks. it was paradise!
today, sunday, i was hanging out at school, waiting for my mom and staci to get here. i went into the kitchen because my friends were making dinner. i came outside to see if they had arrived and i saw my mom walking through the gate with staci behind her. i came running to my mom, and began to tear up because i was so excited to see them! THEN, a little farther away i saw Rachel(my friend who is like my little sister) and Chris! i screamed and went running to them and pretty much jumped on rachel and chris, and started to cry!! i COULD NOT believe they were in costa rica. then chris said, someone else is here. and i looked farther down and saw my DAD!!! i went running to him and jumped into his arms and was crying even more by this time! it was UNREAL!! and jerry (rachel's dad) was there taping the whole thing, of course. my friends came running out because they heard me screaming. they said they thought i was dying or something. haha! I AM SOOO HAPPY!!!! and i STILL cant believe this happened! i am having such a great time. we are staying in a huge NICE house, with a pool, and i took a warm shower for the first time in 3 weeks! it felt so good!
i am so excited for the next 2 weeks!! we have lots of fun stuff planned and my bday is on wednesday!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! I am sooo glad the way things worked out--it has been fun dancing around the plans for you! Remember the time I said, "Wait, you're going to Costa Rica?" I already knew, and now I get to be here on my own "staycation" while everyone is away...and to quote you..."i am having such a great time..."! Have a wonderful two weeks with everyone. Oh yes, the howling monkey here is Nemo when he sees Sunny, the dog...but Woody is now a bird (Peet) stalker. He's stationed under the suspended bird cage on the patio, sometimes standing on his hind legs to try to see the bird who has landed in his tropical paradise! Costa Rica es un lugar muy bonito y agradable, ?verdad?--
    Tell everyone hello for me--mi buen amiga. Love, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you!!!! What a great Birthday surprise....of coarse we all knew except you, we can keep a secret...Have a great couple of weeks with your family and know that you are sooooo loved....Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. NNNNNIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIII!!!!!!

    Howdy Nikki! How yawl doin down in yonder Kosta Ricki... Reckin yawl must be fixin to be havin some real fun times eh? How's all the kinfolk gettin long. Weez real glad to be knowin yer safe with the luvd ones, cuz yer reel loved by us too! Wer missin ya plenty here and can't wait til yall be comin back to yonder homestead! See Yall real soon...!!! Happy Birthday!!! Yeeeee Haaaa!

    Steve Janine Jenna and Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    PS. does yer email dothingy work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Birthday Girl.......

    I'm so glad the big surprise was everything your mom hoped for and what fun to have everyone there for your BIG B-DAY!!!!

    Have a wonderful day and we will see you when you get back!!!

    Happy 21st Birthday!

    Love, Linda Ruggles

    ReplyDelete