Monday, June 8, 2009

I AM HERE!

i have made it to beautiful Costa Rica! i am safe. i got in yesterday to Samara about 2 pm, and seriously those who have been here know what a taxi ride it like, and if you havent they are very aggresive drivers haha! it is an hour ahead here. i have met my host family and they are very nice and only speak spanish, however the youngest daughter speaks english and helped me a lot yesterday. i have my own room which is nice, and the food is pretty good so far : ) today i had my first day of class. everything is spoken in spanish which is good for learning but a huge culture shock, however the students here speak english. i have meet some nice people so far. and i already went surfing! it was SOO fun! the school is literally right on the beach. you walk out the gate and you are on the sand. anyway.... its great here and i cant wait to do more things!!!! oh and there are bulls and horses everywhere. i was walking to school this morning and horses where just chillin on the side of the rode.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki
    I miss you already.
    Be very very very safe.
    You mean the world to me
    Love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki!
    So glad you're happy in your new 8-week home! It's tough to be right on the beach, but somebody's gotta do it! :) I looked at the pictures on GoogleEarth.com...WOW!
    I love you, and am praying for you--
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki!
    You must be having a BALL already! Wish I could go into a total-submersion culture--some of the espanol I learned might be put to better use today! You will probably think in Spanish from here on out. Does anyone there use iPods, cell phones, computers to the same degree we do? Have a blast, and remember, somewhere back in the states there's a ski slope waiting for you to master--LOL!
    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a really rough life! :) We miss you. Be safe.
    Love, Janine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikki, So glad to hear all is going well...what a great experience...enjoy every moment of it....we miss you and want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers...love you, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY!!! what happened to my comment? I have never done BLOGGING b4! I send U my greetings and pride in all U R doing! Praying 4 UR safety and blessings! Will enjoy reading UR updates! God Bless U Always - cuz Renee in Oregon City, OR

    ReplyDelete