Friday, August 14, 2009

back in the States

So i have been back in the states for almost 2 weeks, but 2 days after I got home on aug. 1st i left for vacation for a week. I am finally back home and its kind of weird. The last week i was in Costa Rica i was really wanting to come home. thats all i really thought about.  But after my last day of classes and after graduation i wanted to stay. i was so glad to be done with classes i just wanted to stay and be with all the people and go on more adventures. I really miss everyone there now. Since i was there for so long, i got close to the people at the school, my host family, and my friends at the school. And now that i am back home i am starting to miss Costa Rica. I am going through the transition period of being in another country for 2 months to returning back to the states and reality.  
I am so glad i did this. it was an amazing experience! i learned so much about myself, God, and another country.  It was a challenge, however, living in another country and having to speak the language as soon as i got there.  I miss talking in spanish now, and i actually miss hearing it all the time. its nice to watch tv though in english (i dont miss spanish tv). i need to keep up with my spanish so i dont loose it which i feel like i am. one of my family members speaks spanish so i am hoping i can talk with her to keep it up and she has told me that she is only going to talk to me in spanish now. that should help, i hope. i have tried to talk in spanish here a couple times and one lady just looked at me weird and gave me some attitude, and one man was surprised and said "que bueno" to my spanish speaking. : ) people aren't so friendly here. 
Now it is time for me to start getting ready to go back to school.  I need to get into that mode now and back into reality. 
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers while i was gone. i believe it really helped and made my trip a safe one! 
This is the end of my blog for Costa Rica, but i know i will be going on more adventures and trips so maybe ill have blog for those one day.
: )
take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment